Big things are in the works this month for all of us, with our definitions of success being popped under the spotlight.
With a New Moon / Solar Eclipse in Cancer occurring July 3rd (or 2nd depending where you are), expect these themes to be linked to our sense of home and family, security, belonging and ancestral connection. Priorities may shift towards home life, perhaps buying a home or even starting a home-based business or job that allows for more work-life balance. Eclipses are times of endings and new beginnings, and with nurturing cancer being in the limelight right now, we may feel prompted to release circumstances or mindsets that make us question our sense of material or emotional security, and exchange it for something that is more fulfilling and nourishing on a deeper level. These simple changes will help to foster a new perspective on success and abundance within and without ourselves.
A Full Moon / Lunar Eclipse in grounded Capricorn (16th / 17th of July depending on your location) allows us to release and tie off any loose ends, and harness the will power, dedication and motivation to pursue our new goals and mindsets with unshakable determination and know how.
Mercury Retrograde in Leo from July 7th - 31st shines a spotlight on our communication, and the role our ego plays in how we talk and listen. Expect an increase in charisma, fiery discussion, lots of great stories (some mostly true!) and be wary of opportunities of attention seeking and self-inflation. Be proactive with communication and listening, seek clarification if needed, and don't be afraid to speak your authentic truth with unapologetic conviction and confidence! This retrograde ends in Cancer, bringing lessons on releasing the ego and learning to nurture and convey love, compassion and understanding with our words. You can be true to you and still share the love with others.
As the sun and venus also move into Leo this month, be prepared to follow your heart and open yourself up to how beautifully unique you are, and on finding the courage to share who you are with the world! Dream big, open your heart, and welcome in success and security in all of it's forms.
Spotlight Horoscope for each Sun Sign for July 2019:
- ARIES (March 21 - April 19) - It's time to let your hair down and let your inner child loose for some much needed fun! After a challenging month last month of health and well-being, its time to make time for some light-hearted entertainment and connection with friends and loved ones. Abundance is all around you, make time to take it all in, responsibly of course! Avoid getting too caught up in the whimsy of the moment though, and try to stay focused on working towards any current goals or objectives right now than starting new ones, especially ideas that might not have been fully researched or developed yet!
- TAURUS (April 20 - May 20) - After a month focused on relationships and others, it's time to prioritise yourself this month by looking after your health and well-being. With a lot of planetary activity being based around nurturing and putting your needs first this month, put a taurean spin around looking after your needs in a healthy way. Make yourself a delicious meal with healthy, fresh produce. Go for a walk somewhere beautiful or inspiring to you. Treat yourself to a detoxifying bath followed by massaging your favourite body lotion on your skin after a workout or long day. Whatever calls to you!
- GEMINI (May 21 - June 20) - This month is all about relationships and partnerships for you, Gemini! Current or outstanding contracts may need some attention this month, so be extra thorough when looking through the fine print. Additionally, learning to nurture your relationships with good, honest, heartfelt communication can be a potent way to cement ties and create stronger bonds with friends, family and lovers, so remember to actively listen and confidently (and clearly) express your wants and needs.
- CANCER (June 21 - July 22) - Some shadow traits around jealousy, control and avoidance may surface for you this month, so learn to recognize your habits and triggers to help break through them. Finances may come under the spotlight for review, so seek help from a trusted adviser if you need a little extra help navigating the way forward with spending, budgets and so forth. On the plus side, expect a boost in the bedroom with showy Leo ramping up the vamp within and pouring on the charm. You are not afraid to vocalize what you want, and the potential for emotional connection through physical connection is strong.
- LEO (July 23 - August 22) - This month is all about epiphanies for you! Although on the surface things may get a little confusing or messy, you have an aptitude to navigate these times with a deeper understanding of the bigger picture and the underlying lesson. There is opportunity for spiritual growth and development if you are ready to do the work. You may also feel called to update your skills or pursue further education. This month, learning takes on many forms, so make time to stay connected to the present moment and check in with yourself.
- VIRGO (August 23 - September 22) - Expect the spotlight to hover above your career this month Virgo! This month sees ups and downs in on the job front, and may see you longing for your dream job or a career that feels more in line with your soul purpose, or that is more fulfilling on a spiritual level. If you have been feeling a little lost at sea lately, focus on bringing your focus back to yourself and on what you can control, and if you can't change your situation the way you want to right now, then it might help to change your perspective!
- LIBRA (September 23 - October 22) - This month presents opportunities to serve your community, and to extend your wisdom towards the outside world. With so much happening in nurturing Cancer and Fiery Leo, you ooze charisma and charm when you show your loving, caring and compassionate side to others, and you may be feeling the urge to help others extra strongly. Just be sure to see if that boost in humanitarianism is coming from a genuine place (i.e. genuine concern as opposed to being seen to be of service) and that you are not overextending yourself beyond your means or being too pushy or judgemental with your beliefs, especially if people don't respond to everything you say or do.
- SCORPIO (October 23 - November 22) - Scorpio, this month is all about endings and release, and when it comes down to it, no-one does death and rebirth better than you! The challenge for you this month comes with learning to completely let go and move forward without looking back. The first few weeks of July, a few planetary transits see your mind go into overdrive with the potential for shadow traits like jealousy, revenge and obsessive or compulsive behaviour. Make time to ground yourself with practices like meditation, journalling or exercise, find the courage to cut away any loose ends that are holding you back and soar into a new cycle awaiting you.
- SAGITTARIUS (November 23 - December 21) - This month heralds in some new beginnings Sag, especially around the home front. If you are planning on moving or buying a home, you might feel like this is the right time to start looking or putting plans in motion to make things happen. This month is full of possibility and fresh new starts towards ushering in a more fulfilled sense of abundance and achievement. Your inner fire is shining bright with vision, vitality and motivation. Just be mindful of your temper and tone when dealing with others. Patience is a virtue!
- CAPRICORN (December 22 - January 20) - When it comes to knowing how to make things happen, Capricorn is a force to be reckoned with! This month may be a bit of a challenge for you on the communication front, as we learn the benefits of fostering a more nurturing and loving approach to talking and listening and conveying our needs. The Full Moon in Capricorn though will be your time to shine as you will be able to apply that sensible, mature and logical approach to looking at what needs letting go, what needs refining, and moving forward. This month shines a light on your material surroundings, so using this time for a little spring cleaning and organizing home and living spaces (and other areas like relationships and mindsets) will be a great way to channel this energy.
- AQUARIUS (January 21 - February 18) - July is the month of communication, Aquarian friends! Use this time to mend fences, to connect to others on a deeper or more emotional level (not the easiest thing for Aquarians, I know! hehe), and to express your authentic and unique self. There may be a few unexpected issues with siblings, friends or neighbors during this month, but nothing that can't be fixed with some clear communication and understanding. Don't be afraid to ask questions, get advice from a few different people, or look at alternative 'out of the box' ideas to resolve conflict and create compromise.
- PISCES (February 19 - March 20) - Home sweet home.... ahhh. Struggling to find the motivation to leave the house? Is socialising the last thing you want to do right now? Don't worry Pisces, this too shall pass! With your ruling planet in retrograde right now (Neptune), you may especially be feeling the pull inwards towards your comfort zone. The lessons for you this month involve creating a secure, nourishing space to retreat to from the daily grind, but to also balance that with stepping outside of your comfort zone and approaching problems or issues with love, understanding and a sense of proactive-ness instead of ignoring, avoiding or playing the victim. Your intuition is strong at the moment, so prioritise rest and self care of some sort that nourishes and helps you feel fulfilled and empowered.
Wishing you a wonderful month ahead! Lana x
Want to know what your month has in store for you? Order your 'Month Ahead' Reading HERE.